Friday, October 5, 2012

Lilly & the Baby


When we decided to tell Christian's parents that I was pregnant over the summer, we decided to have Lilly tell them that she was going to be a big sister. We practiced with her a little bit but by the time we got her in front of everyone she was acting shy.

Christian: Lilly has something she wants to tell you guys. Lilly tell everyone.
Lilly: No.
C: Come on Lilly. What were you going to say?
L: Nothing.
Someone else in the room: Lilly, why won't you tell us?
L: Because I don't like it.

Eventually Christian had to tell everyone and we all had a good laugh about the "because I don't like it" because really she had been pretty excited ever since we told her.
______________________________________________________________


Lilly: Where is your baby?
Me: Its in my tummy but its too little to come out. It has to grow big first.
L: I like babies. When it comes out I kiss him. And pet him. And I be really nice. And you kiss him.

And a little while later that morning....

Lilly: I has a baby brother in my tummy. It grow bigger, bigger, bigger! It little.
________________________________________________________________

Lilly has also been coming up with some names for the baby that she thinks are great:  Bubble, Gracie, Jacey, Bessie, Compusie (?), and Spookley.




1 comment:

Emily said...

haha I love the names she's come up with. I especially like Bubble and Spookley. :)

I am so exited for you guys to be a family of 4!!