Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Zoo

Well, we finally made it up to the Hogle Zoo in SLC. I've been wanting to go for a while, probably since last summer. I just like zoos. It was fun, though definitely smaller than I thought it would be. I guess the only zoo I'm really comparing it to is the San Francisco Zoo so no doubt it's smaller but oh well. It was still fun. We took quite a few photos and videos, so I'll eventually post those. If I were to guess I'd say Christian enjoyed the meerkats the most ( I swear he stood in front of their window for at least 15 minutes). I probably enjoyed all the little monkeys the most, they're pretty hilarious to watch. Though the white alligator, the elephant show, and all the orangutans were fun too.

Oh, before I forget (if I ever can) while we were watching a kangaroo we began to hear a fairly loud groaning noise. We followed the noise down to the other end of the cage and witnessed this giant tortoise (450 lbs, ~5 ft long) hump his female counterpart. All I can say is, Whoa. I mean, what zoo trip is complete without watching some animal hump another?

No comments: