Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The New Abode

Disclaimer: Of course, by "new" abode I really mean "new to us" because if you were here in person you would quickly come to the same conclusion as we did. That this apartment is approximately fifty bajillion years old.

For those of you who haven't yet graced our apartment with your lovely presence, or seen it via skype, here is a little tour of our apartment here in Lubbock. We'll start out with the front room. Of course, things aren't completely clean around here and there are still some boxes and things that need to be organized but you get the idea.

This room is fairly large. And it goes out to the patio on the right where those long blinds are. We even have a nice fireplace.

We live on the second floor so we have lovely vaulted ceilings.

Pretty much the same living room set-up as we had before.

This is the view when you walk in the front door.

Our office is now in the living room area behind the couch.

And the dining area. I'm not really sure how to place the table in this room because if I center it, like I want to, then it is in the way of going into the kitchen. So for now, it's just kinda pushed towards the back wall. I still have some curtains that I want to hang. And I would love to get a rug to go under the table. But seeing as law school costs a butt-load (yes, I did just say butt-load) and neither of us is working the rug will probably never happen. At least not in the near future anyways.

Here is our teensy-tiny kitchen. The only thing that saved this kitchen, is that door at the back that is acting as our pantry, but which also holds our washer (No dryer at the moment. Mostly because that's where our pantry is!)

Finally a new fridge! The old one that was here when we moved in acted more like a freezer and almost every shelf was broken! Not to mention it was probably an original to the apartment.
And the patio. Quite large, though we don't have much (anything really) to go out there. But it does provide a nice place for my plants.

And our outdoor storage.

And that's all for today. Maybe I'll show you Lilly's room tomorrow. Our room on the other hand is still a disaster. We don't even have a bed yet. Just a mattress on the floor. And that is definitely where most of the stuff that I don't know where to put is residing. Thank goodness it is a pretty large room. Though I have a feeling that even when it is cleaned up it is just going to look empty because we definitely don't even have enough furniture to fill it up.


Side note: This was just too funny to not post. As I was gathering up trash to take outside today I heard Lilly start crying and whining. Of course, I assumed it was because I wasn't in the same room as her and she didn't know where I was. I called out to her because sometimes she will follow your voice and come find you. But she just kept on whining. I finally went out to find her and this is what I saw. She had knocked over the drying rack and was stuck. And of course when she wasn't crying, she kept herself busy by tasting said rack. Silly girl.


No comments: