Thursday, February 17, 2011

To Utah And Back

Last week Lilly and I took a trip up to Utah. It was nice to be back if only for a short time. Lilly did amazing on the long trip up (and back too). To get there via a cheap Southwest ticket, we have to fly to Albuquerque, stop but no plane change, fly to Phoenix, change planes and 1 hour layover and then finally fly to Salt Lake. Basically, a 3.5 hours of flight time turns into 6 hours. Lilly recieved tons of compliments on her good behavior on the flights, someone even asked "Is she always this happy?" She even did well through the medical emergency on the plane that happened to the guy right across the aisle from us on the flight. Overall, a dramatic but easy flight with Lilly.

The reason we actually went up to Utah was Kristine's (my former roommate) wedding. She was married in the Salt Lake Temple last Friday. The day was clear and beautiful and not too cold. The wedding was so special, especially due to the fact that Kristine's father was the Sealer. I'm a little jealous.

The Temple
Waiting for the Bride & Groom.

Kristine & David

Kristine and me

While I was in Salt Lake, I stayed with Emily, my friend from Benicia who just moved to Utah. Saturday morning we ventured to Kneaders for their Cinnamon French Toast. It is quite possibly my favorite breakfast ever. It was Emily and Brett's (her husband) first time there and I think they will be back. It is just too good not to go back.

This stuffed dog was probably Lilly's favorite thing about our trip. It was Emily's and Lilly just loved it. She would carry it all around the apartment. She even tried to stuff it into the suitcase to take home.

All bundled up for the Utah weather, which actually wasn't that bad. At least not any worse than Lubbock during a cold spell.


Emily and Lilly

Lilly and me

We also went out to Famous Dave's. I just love their pulled pork bbq. Delicious. Here is Lilly chomping on Emily's bun.

On Sunday, we took a drive to check out the Jordan River and Oquirrh Mountain Temples. The one below is the Oquirrh Temple.

Checking it out.

Beautiful Utah mountains (definitely something you don't see in Lubbock)


Other highlights from our trip that I forgot to document with photos was our dinner with my brother Ryan at Cafe Rio, shopping, and accidentally bringing the sickness we just got over to Emily. Sorry Em! We really didn't think we were still contagious. Our bad.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad you guys came!- It was totally worth getting sick :)

Chris and Hilary said...

Hooray for Kristine!!! That's so cool she's married and that you got to go.