Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Destructo-Lilly


I haven't given a Lilly update in a little while so I thought I'd let you all in on what is going on in her world.

-Lilly is getting quite good at destruction. She has a God-given gift to empty all cabinets, bookshelves, baskets, etc in the blink of an eye.

-Lilly now has four teeth. And she has learned how to use them. She will now bite chunks off her food. And my hand occasionally.

-Lilly is now quite efficient at cruising. She can walk almost anywhere, as long as she has something to hold on to.

-Lilly is starting to stand up all by herself, without the help of anything or anyone. She also enjoys standing in the bath, on the bed, on the desk, on the couch, etc.

-Lilly is a formula-holic. Since she was weaned a month or so ago, she has become quite enamored with her formula. When she hears that cup shaking, she gets so excited she can't sit still or be quiet. The sound she makes is practically a whine, which she doesn't stop until she gets that formula.

-Lilly is very afraid of the vacuum. Previously she was scared of it and would start crying whenever I vacuumed, even if I was also holding her. But I think she was starting to get over her fear. Until one day last week when the vacuum was plugged in and she accidentally turned it on. It scared the willies out of her and now she is more afraid of it than ever. She even freaked out when I just wound up the cord and didn't even turn it on.

-Lilly also can recognize the names of most of her stuffed animals. If we ask her to get a certain one, 90% of the time she will bring that one back to us. I'm certain she knows the names of all of them but sometimes she just doesn't want to listen :)

-Lilly also loves dogs, stuffed animals, meat, going on walks, going down slides, her mom & dad and skypeing with the grandparents.

Well, that is what is up with Lilly. I will leave you with some shots from our photo shoot from yesterday. Peace.




No comments: