Saturday, October 23, 2010

Stocking Up at the Library

Last week I heard about a sale at the Library. I really wanted to go. I had heard about these in Provo but never ended up going the 5 years I lived there. I decided this was the year to go check one out. So this morning we did. And let me tell you it was AWESOME. And huge! Depending on the book, they were $0.50 for paperback, $1 for hardback, or a little more if they were newer or nicer. Basically, they were cheap. They even had artwork, cds, movies, books on tape, maps, etc.

My main goal was to get Lilly some new books for her birthday next month. Let's just say that I accomplished that. Plus some.

The pile in the front is for Lilly. The pile in the back on the right is for me and on the left for Christian. Plus the two brown bags. Those were like grab bags, they were labeled with a genre and were $1 each. I got a mystery one and Christian got a Sci-Fi one.
The books on the left are the ones I picked out. The books on the right are all the books I got from my bag! 19 books for one dollar. Amazing. And almost all of them look like something I would read. And a couple of them are even hardback.
Here is everything we scored. We did end up spending about $35 dollars but we got close to 50 books.

I'd say that is one heck of a deal.

No comments: